Losing my Ring: Reflection for Proper 19, Year C



Readings for the Day:

Reflection:

Of all the things I own, my confirmation ring is the one I lose the most. I cannot count how many times I have forgotten where I last put it or how many times I have frantically looked for it before finding it on the counter or in my shirt pocket.

And every time I find it, there’s always a huge sigh of relief. And I’m grateful to have it returned to me.

If I rejoice so greatly over my ring being returned to me, how much more will God be pleased when one of us returns to Him? And this is the lesson we learn from the Gospel today, that God will always rejoice in finding us again.

We all have moments when we stray. That is okay because God will always be there waiting for us to return to Him. And He will rejoice more than we can possibly imagine.


I hope and pray that in my absence you all continue to feel God’s presence while I am studying in Israel. And I look forward to the time we can rejoice together with my return to you all again.