Reforming the Habit of Worship!

 


Recently I saw a study showing that while may people are not yet back in church post-Pandemic, 6 in 10 American adults say they pray in their cars.


Not only does this study give a great deal of hope for our spirituality as a people, it speaks to one of the most important aspects of life: our Relationship with God.


God desires to be close to us. Deep in our hearts, I believe we all desire to be close to God as well.


There are many ways we can come closer and develop our relationship with God. Praying in our cars or on public transit is a great start. The best way for us to continue to grow in relationship with God, as well as with our neighbor, is gathering for Sunday worship.


If you are hoping to come back and participate in our life and worship together, take this Summer as an opportunity to do so. Whether you are at home or traveling for the Summer, start to slowly rebuild the habit of attending Sunday services wherever you may be.  My hope is that when Fall comes, we might all have a glorious reunion together as we all come closer to love and serve our Lord!


Rebuilding habits and practices can be difficult. It takes time. The Pandemic certainly did not help with that. For some too, there is still a lot of anger and fear. As someone who has felt both these emotions over the past 3 years, I can sympathize with that. In this spirit, please go at your own pace reforming your own practice of attending Sunday worship. If you need help or someone to talk with, please feel free to reach out to me. I am happy to provide any aid I can.


I look forward to seeing how your relationship with God develops, and I hope to witness that growth in person as we gather for worship each Sunday at church.